Thursday, November 20, 2014

update 11/20

First off, I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for my family and the support that they give me throughout the golf season.  You differently need an understanding wife when you work in the golf business.  She has heard it all from me over the years and doesn't bat an eye when I have to go back to work during the summer to check the course after a major storm or even to work late into the early morning hours. She may be used to it by now but still is very hard to be married to a Golf Course Superintendent.  This is the time of the year that I do spend some good quality time with my family considering all the holidays I miss during the golf season.

The golf course is closed right now and will remain closed thru the weekend.  I understand that we will have a few days that you could get out and play but due to the fact that the ground will start to thaw this could lead to considerable damage to the turf .  I do not mind with you were to play when the ground is frozen but not on thawing ground.  This is basically the same protocol that I use in the spring to determine when the course can open.  When the frost is out of the ground it is safe to play this will not happen over the next few days.


Neil






Total Pageviews

Followers