Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bunker Rakes












The Green Committee has decided place the bunker rakes perpendicular to the edge of the bunkers. The reason is that we think there will be less chance for the ball to become trapped along the edge of the bunker. There are a few clubs in the state that does this and the feed back that I have is everyone seems to be happy with this type of placement. I am against having the bunker rakes placed outside the bunkers for the main reason of golf course maintenance. It would add many hours to our rough mowing each week if we had the rakes outside the bunker. Hopefully, the new location will be a nice compromise for the membership. I have placed the bunker rakes this way today and I would like to give it a try for the rest of the year. I will try to post something in the golf shop, but if you can do me a favor and help me get the word out.

Total Pageviews

Followers