Thursday, November 17, 2011

Course Update 11/17/11

The golf season is starting to wind down,  I still have a few staff here trying to finish up some of the open ended jobs but the hard freeze in the mornings lately really slow down the process.  With the rain last week the bunkers slightly washed out, we have since raked all the bunkers for the last time of the year. We have completed leveling the approaches on 4,14,2,11 and 8 this fall.  The end result looks so much better. There is a smooth transition from the approach to the green now.  This will also help the surface drainage especially any melting ice. We also added a  irrigation heads to the front of 3,12,14 greens this fall.  If time allows I would like to also add irrigation heads to 7 and 18 greens.

As far as the dredging, I really do not see the project starting until the week after Thanksgiving do to the fact that the contractor is on a 21 day work time line.  I will keep you updated with some photos.

I would like to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving and all of your support that you have given me and our staff here this year. We are fortunate to have such a great greens staff that truly enjoy each day they are here and work extremely hard to provide everyone with a great golf course everyday.  I would also like to thank everyone for your kind words and prayers for my father it is greatly appreciated.

Total Pageviews

Followers