Wednesday, December 28, 2011

20,000 page views

Wow, almost 20,000 page views of my blog.  I never thought when I started this 3 years ago that the blog would be referenced so many times. The main reason for writing updates was for the members of Hawks Landing to be informed not only about what we are doing on the golf course but the why. At first there was not a great following but now there are so many members that go to the blog weekly, which I feel very good about. The other benefit to the blog is that there are so many Superintendents now writing blogs,  Communication back and forth either through twitter, email, and now google + is so easy .  When you really look back even two years ago it was by phone calls and sometimes email that we were able to talk.  Now, all I have to do is turn on my phone and everyone is right there.  I will say it makes the tough days a little easier.  Blogs were a scary thing to take on 3 years ago there were not many of us ' biting the bullet' and embracing this open communication approach with the members of the clubs.  I would like to thank all of our members of Hawks Landing that reference this blog and all the golf course guys that I have had the chance to meet over the last 3 years it is a great tool that I really enjoy doing.  Happy New Year

Total Pageviews

Followers