Friday, February 24, 2012

update

The golf course is covered with a blanket of snow today we received about 4 inches of wet fluffy snow last night.  I walked the golf course yesterday and everything was still disease free and looking really good.  I still am convinced that our plant protection for snow mold disease has run its course and likely nothing left due to the wet late fall and lack of snow cover this winter.  We will need to keep a close eye on the development of pink snow mold as we move closer to mid March.

Next week, I will be attending the Golf Course Superintendent National Conference in Las Vegas. This will be a great opportunity for me to gain valuable knowledge from the educational seminars  that the conference has to offer. There will be many of the best educators in the world sharing their research. I will also be able to reconnect with some of my peers that I have not been able to see for many years. My son will be traveling with me to visit my mother and his highlight will be attending the equipment show that will have just about every manufacture of turf equipment and golf supplies.  This is a great opportunity to have one on one conversations with manufactures of products that I use daily and see some of the new technology that is out right now and in the near future.

I will be posting daily updates while I am at the conference so make sure you check back a few times during the week.
  

Total Pageviews

Followers