Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

What are you thankful for this year?

Today, I am looking back at my daily journal that I write everyday of what we accomplished on the course, the weather and basically everything that was done on each day.  This year started quick, right out of the gate before we were even finished with our winter work and did not stop for the most part the entire golf season.  We only had a handful of rain outs, most coming in October.  Which leads into the lack of rain and heat this summer.  I am thankful that I hired Jeff Muller this spring as our new Assistant.  Jeff, had a lot to learn quick, and a big part of his learning is trying to figure me out.  As many of you know, I do not stop from the time I wake up until I go to bed there are so many things going on in my head that I expect Jeff to comprehend daily.  Not an easy part of his job  he has done this very well and worked well with me as part of our team here.  Jeff and my son worked just about every day during the drought this summer hand watering. I will tell you that pulling a 100 foot 1 inch hose around for hours a day is no easy task.  We managed to have a great golf course in spite of the lack of moisture.  We had a good plan this year, I am always looking to find a better more efficient way to provide you with a golf course that plays well daily.  I am thankful for the opportunity to work with a great management team and a membership that understands what it takes to maintain Hawks.  I enjoy coming to work each and every day.  As soon as I wake up I am ready for the challenge of providing you with a great golf experience at Hawks.  That not to say that my dogs would let me sleep much past 5 anyway.  As the golf season winds down I continue to look back at this year and see what we can do to make Hawks even better the next year.  We continue to work on the little details right now that you may or not notice right away but I am sure the golf course will be a better for what we are doing.

I could not forget my family, I am fortunate to have the most understanding wife that you could ask for. She has been with me through 2 golf course constructions, a remodel, a major and the daily life of a golf course superintendent that works so many hours that I loose track of the total by June. This year, my son worked on our crew.  How lucky am I to be able to be with Matt every day.  My daughter continues her studies at UW, trains horses and competes at a high level in many different ridging styles.  She has no stop in her

I hope that you can take some time to reflect on your year, and how you can make it better next year.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity  to be a part of Hawks Landing for the last 12 years and I look forward to the future of Hawks Landing. 

Total Pageviews

Followers