Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Update 1/27/16

We have been very busy over the last few months, we have also had a few changes to start 2016.  

Jeff Muller has been my Assistant for the last 4 years and has moved on to Weedman, Our Equipment Manager also has moved on to another opportunity. I have moved my son Matthew into the equipment manager's position.  He has worked for Hawks for a number of years during high school, was enrolled in the Auto Mechanic's apprentice program in his Junior and senior year.  He brings a lot of enthusiasm to the shop. I also moved one of my key employees of 14 years, Armando Arias, to 2nd Assistant position.  He has worked mostly in a seasonal position over the years, I am fortunate to have such a dedicated employee working for Hawks.  I have also hired, Chris Kesler as First Assistant, he has recently graduated from Clarkston College in Minnesota.  He completed internships at Whistling Straights, we are looking forward to his late February start date. 

Even with the staff changes we continue to move forward with our winter maintenance. This year we have a few major repairs that are being done..  We remain very busy in the "off season" maintaining the equipment to operate at its peak performance during the golfing season.  We do our best to reduce any potential down time during the season with repairs over the winter.

This week, I was able to walk the golf course getting a pretty good look at the current conditions.  We have just a little ice in a few areas, at this time I do not feel its anything to be concerned about.  The saturated conditions this december and fall warranted a second snow mold treatment on the greens and tees.  We did not retreat the fairways. This week, I do not see any snow mold on the golf course.  I am actually quite surprised but very happy that we are looking pretty good right now.  With the present conditions, We are very close to the point in the season that we should be looking pretty good this spring.  




Neil

Total Pageviews

Followers