Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Update 12/10

This will be the last update for the 2014 golf season looking back sure has been a great year.  I hope that everyone will have a safe and happy holidays and I look forward to seeing everyone at our Holiday party next week.

The weather over the last few weeks has been very nice almost too nice honestly,  I would much prefer to have the ground frozen and a nice coat of snow to protect the turf.  Right now the golf course is in very good shape we do have a little snow left on the course that will most likely melt after this weekend.  One thing that we will be watching out for is any standing water that may refreeze on the putting greens.  The approaches that we lowered over the last few years and this fall are working well.  You can see in the photo of 4 green that the water is running off the green. Ice formation right now will not be very good long term so we will remove any standing water after this weekend.




A winter project that I always try to do late in the year is clearing trees that are problematic.  This winter has been prefect weather to be outside.  I am taking full advantage of this and doing as much as possible.  The pond edges on 6,7,8 have been cleared, we are currently working on clearing both side of the creek going up 9 also
.








after
before 












I spent the last 3 days clearing around the pump house between 10/18.  We have a lot of brush yet to pick up but I plan on clearing everything out and seeding this area to fescue in the spring.  You will notice that I removed a few willows trees on the edge of the creek on 18,  I left 2 trees that will block the site line to the pump house but now you will have a nice look at the green from the left side of the fairway.

after
before










I am also removing a lot of the dead cherry trees along the creek of 10.  There is also a nice line of site left of the fairway now.  I will continue to work my way thru the woods removing the dead trees.  I am not taking down any trees that are in good shape.




As you can tell we are certainly making some nice progress on the golf course that we would normally not be able to do in most winters.

Neil







Total Pageviews

Followers