Wednesday, March 17, 2010

opening day

We are set to open the golf course on the 25th this is the earliest opening in years hopefully the snow that is predicated this weekend will not ruin our plans.  There are a few courses in our area that are open. This seems to be a competition on who can open first in the city each year.  I stand firm on the fact that the course needs to be rolled and mowed before opening day.  I do not think these courses have been able to roll everything. this has been researched over the years and findings show lasting unevenness in the turf.  From what I have been hearing there are a few courses that have done some mowing but they are finding some frost and wet areas. I did make an attempt to mow 15 and 16 fairway.  I will say that they mowed up very nicely but there are some very wet spots.  This is the main problem as to why we are not open. I do have some staff in today what we are doing is general course cleanup and have also started to work on the bunkers. 


Hopefully the snow this weekend will melt soon and we can get 2010 off to a great start. 

See you soon

Neil

Total Pageviews

Followers