Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Course Update

We are finally getting rid of this winter  weather. The rest of the week looks great.  The extended forecast shows 50' or high 40's for the next 15 days.  I walked the entire golf course today, everything is looking great. The color is very good, actually much better then expected.  I do not see any snow mold damage. I also feel we have made it through without any ice damage. The snow on the front nine should be gone by Thursday.  The back nine on the other hand has a lot of snow.  Today, I started to plow the cart paths on 15,14, and 12.  As you can see in the picture there is a lot of snow.  Really nothing abnormal from prior years.  This years  snow pack on the path on 12 is as bad as I have ever seen it.  If we did not remove the snow from the path the snow would be there for quite some time.  I worked for almost 5 hours today plowing, mostly on 12  barley making it to the woods.

The 2011 golf season is right around the corner,  I have most of the staff position filled and just about everyone will be here by the end of next week.  I do not have an official opening date yet since there is still considerable frost in the ground.  My best guess as of today would be around the 30th for opening day.   I will keep you posted

Total Pageviews

Followers