Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Update 3/13




Here we go, Today we rolled all the greens and tees in preparation for opening the golf course this Thursday.  2 weeks earlier then any opening in the last 10 years at Hawks Landing.

I also mowed 6 fairway and green today to make sure we have selected the right height of cut for the first mowing of the year.  All I can say is that the greens look as good or better then I have ever seen them after the first mowing.  There is no ice damage or snow mold on any green.  I plan on mowing all the greens tomorrow, fairways will be mowed Thursday and we will roll all the greens again Thursday before opening at 10.

 The golf course is still wet in spots due to the rain we had yesterday, I am hoping that with this light wind and very warm days we will see some firming up.  Opening the golf course is quite a task and always seems to creep up on us before we know it.  For the most part everything will be done and I am sure you will be very happy to get in some early March golf.

I look forward to seeing you very soon

Total Pageviews

Followers