Friday, April 5, 2013

Opening Day 2013

Well its about time for the 2013 season to begin. The full time seasonal staff is here and we are starting to clean up the course.   The conditions improve by the hour and I finally have set a date.

The range will open at 10 am on Monday the 8th

The back nine will open the 10th at 11 am.  The front nine as of today still is snow covered in some areas and have not set a time if the front side can open.  But with the warm weather we may be able to open everything on the same day.  Right now, I do not think that will be the case and plan on the front side opening no later then Friday 

I am not sure if we will allow carts off the paths the first day.  The ground is very soft and off the edges and I do not think we want to leave cart tracks all over the course.  We will make that decision Wednesday morning.

My plans are to start rolling the greens Sunday morning and roll again Monday then start to cut them most likely no later then Tuesday.   I will also mow the fairways before we open.  I am going to concentrate on rolling and mowing first then work towards raking bunkers.

The course is really in fine shape and I am sure that you will be surprised when you play for the first time.

Hope we all have a wonderful golf season and look forward to seeing you very soon.

Total Pageviews

Followers