What a great couple of weeks weather wise. I feel the golf course is really in fine shape, I was very happy with our crews hard work in preparing the course for the club championships over the last 2 weekends, even with the rains we managed to get everything in good shape.
We have completed the first go around of the verticutting of the fairways and tees and have started to core aerate the tees and approaches. I am also topdressing the approaches after each one is aerrifed to help firm these areas up even more. We managed to get 1-6, 10-13 tees completed this week and the approaches on 10,17,16,11,12 done as well. If all goes well by the end of next week we will most likely finish. I will then do the whole process over again in September and include at this time all the drains in the fairways.
As far as any project work this month we will see but my plans are to resume any major bunker work late in the fall and put most of our efforts in organic matter management right now to help remove some of the excess material we have accumulated during the mild wet, humid year so far.