Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Membership Meeting Overview

First off I would like to thank everyone for the great turn out last night.  I hope that you are as excited as I am for the upcoming year and Jeff's great vision for the club.  Like I stated last night I enjoy each and every day that I have been here at Hawks and with Jeff's  goals for the future my enthusiasm for the club will continue to grow. What a great club we have here, to say the least, and the future of the club will only get stronger.  When you look at everything you will have access too, now the whole family will be able to spend hours enjoying all the benefits in the future.  Being able to spend quality time with your family is so important today now you will have everything close by in one location.

I had a few one on one conversations with a few members after the meeting and I would like to expand on a few so that you will have the informati on on hand

1. Concerning my blog,  I found out that you may not be able to leave a comment unless we have a Goggle account.  I completely understand if you do not want to sign up for the account.  I do have my email on a tap at the top of the blog.  The tap is named Contact Me.  you can simply click on the tab and that will email me directly.  Please feel free to email me at any time.  I will get back to you and hopefully if you have a specific question I will be able to answer it for you.

2.  Many of you are rightfully concerned about the specimen Oaks on the golf course.  I did post a very informative entry on June 6th of 2009. I do have the link below for you to access.

http://hawkslandinggreens.blogspot.com/2009/06/arborjet.html

 You can also go to the Arbor jet website which is the link below for some additional information regarding the process that I am currently using for the Oak trees.

http://www.arborjet.com

Another question came up concerning the Emerald Ash Borer.  This is the insect that is killing  the Ash trees. I found some homeowner information on the treatment for this insect and you can go to the link below for some very good information

  http://www.emeraldashborer.info/files/E2955.pdf

3. The upcoming golf course project.  As Jeff said the golf course is really holding it's own but it is 10 years old and the main problem and area of most concern are the bunkers.  Rest assured we will be selecting the best possible sand if this project moves forward.  There is a sand that I have found in Ohio that most tournament courses use as well as many private clubs. The main problem with our sand is that the particles are round.  Why is this bad? well think of a room filled with bowling balls.  There are many empty spaces  the ball or sand particle will never be stable because there is too much room between the particles.   The sand harvested from the state of Wisconsin is a round type sand. The sand that we would use is angular which will form a very stable surface in the bunker.  This will help the fired egg lies we have now.  I have been purchasing a angular sand that is manufactured in Wisconsin but the cost is very similar to the sand from Ohio.  The sand from Ohio is the gold standard of sand and is selected on many projects across the country.  I am confident that you will be very happy with the sand if this project moves forward.  Additionally, we will be putting down a product called Sand trapper under the sand in the bunkers.  This will dramatically reduce the wash outs that we have after storm events and help keep rocks and soil particles from the bunkers sand.     The link to the sand trapper website is posted below.

http://www.sandtrapper.com/

I think I have addressed most of the questions from last night.  Please feel free to email me if you have any other questions

Thank you

Neil

Total Pageviews

Followers