Friday, November 22, 2013

Final Push 11/15

This week we made most likely our final push to get out any remaining work on the golf course.  The lows this weekend will pretty much shut down any sod work because the ground will be frozen. I will move to some tree removal work and pond edge clearing as the weather allows us to be outside.

This week we finally completed our snow mold preventive applications.  This fall was the most challenging year that I can remember in getting this spray application out.  It was either too windy or raining just about every day since we started to make the applications.  It is done now and the applications went well and now I can sleep much better.

I also worked on a few small projects this week.  I lowered the low spot on the right side of 2 green to allow for much improved drainage.
before
 
after














We also, added about 8 feet of new teeing ground on 3 black tee.  The tee is very narrow, I had just enough flat ground on either side of the tee to add the sod without a major overhaul. Ideally, I would like to do the same thing to the blue tee but this is a much more involved project. There is not enough flat ground next to the tee.  It can be done and we may do this next year but will have to add a lot of soil to increase the width of the tee. I did have a conversion with Rich in regards to the old white tee that I use sometimes during the season as a blue tee setup.  It was brought to my attention that the trees to the left cause some issues teeing off from the old white tee.  In the next few weeks, I will be removing a few of these to "open up" a wider site line to better utilize this tee.
before
after














I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and you will be able to spend some quality time with your family 

Total Pageviews

Followers