Friday, October 31, 2014

Update 10/31






Snow today, I thought I was seeing things this morning haven't seen a snow on Halloween in many years.  Not really the way I wanted to spend the last official day with most of the staff and the planned cookout had to be cancelled.  I will say that our staff sure did a great job with all the work we were able to accomplish over the last 2 weeks.  Probably the best last 2 weeks that we have had.  I will have 4 seasonal staff members next week for a few days to try to button up some of the larger projects we have started. Our mowing is basically done for the year after todays snow storm.  If needed, I will roll the greens to keep them smooth.  We will start making our snow mold spray application next week once the turf has been sprayed it is best not to mow after the treatments.   After Thursday, we will be down to Jeff, Jake and Myself with Mike our Equipment manager getting prepared to start his busy time of the year.  We will keep on working outside as long as possible to finish up most of the work this year.  If you have been out on the course I am sure you have noticed a lot of work getting done.  We have completed the drain work on holes 14,15,17,11 so far and started on 18.  I would like to get to 2 yet this year.   I still am planning on working on removing the high spots in front of 7 and 16 green this fall basically the same process as we did to the other green/approaches last fall. Of course weather permitting, 7 is going to be the larger of the 2 in terms of amount of work needing to be done.  Will need about a good week to complete these 2 projects.  I also, work on removing some excess soil the was blocking drainage off the cart paths on a few holes
yesterday, it will be nice not to have standing water on the paths next year.

















Last month we sprayed to kill the cattails around the pond on
before
10/18 we start to remove them yesterday, planned on finishing today.  But what we did sure does look good






after












All in all another great week here sad to see the staff leaving but I also feel really good that these guys will be back next year and if we start the year like we are ending it well I am pretty happy about that.

Monday we will be closing the restrooms for the season
Thursday we will be winterizing the irrigation system

Neil 

Total Pageviews

Followers